Monday, December 7, 2009

Kings Cup

Im sure a lot of you have heard of the drinking game Kings Cup. There are a lot of different versions of rules for the game. In Syracuse where I learned here are the rules I play by:

1/Ace- "Waterfall", whoever picks the card starts chugging, and you cannot stop untill the person before you stops.
2- "You" pick someone to drink
3- "Me", obviously, you drink.
4- "Floor", last person to point to the floor drinks
5- "Guys", guys drink
6- "Chicks," girls drink
7- "Heaven", last person to point to the sky drinks
8- "Date", choose someone to drink with
9- "Rhyme", say a sentence, and the last word of the sentence the next person to go has to rhyme with
10- "Category", Choose a category, like cereals, candy bars, types of beer and so on
Jack- "Never Have I Ever", hold up 3 fingers, someone states something they've never done, if you did it, put a finger down. First person to have all three fingers down drinks
Queen- "Question", you can save the question and ask it to someone later, but they have to remember to answer your question with another question, first person to answer the question on accident drinks
King- You pour however much beer you want into the cup placed in the middle of the table. Whoever draws the last king has to chug the whole cup in the middle.

There are a lot of versions of the game I have heard, but this is what I always played. My favorite are categories and never have I ever. I like categories especially when I pick because you can do something you know a lot of... likeee Nickelodeon shows... ready- Sponge Bob, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Ah! Real Monsters, All That, Pete and Pete, Amanda Show, Keenan and Kell, Alex Mac, GAS, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Little Bear, Franklin, BLUES CLUES, Gulla Gulla Island, CatDog, Roccos Modern Life, and Angry Beavers... haha.

6 comments:

  1. I enjoy playing Kings, but hate how everyone always has different rules. It's fun to go and learn new rules, but a lot of the time people argue over what's what and it can be a pain trying to teach the new rules. For the most part, in Albany, where I grew up, we play pretty similarly to how you play in Syracuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also from Syracuse and I play the same way you do. I feel like it is really wierd that everywhere you go you have different rules. Some of my friends in cortland put the cards under the opener on a beer can and when it pops you lose. It kind of takes away from half the fun. I guess cuse does it best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME GAME!! a party favorite because it gets everyone involved and it's really fun. I love making new rules, it's def my favorite one because it just makes the game so much better. Little man off the cup and ending every sentence with "...in my mouth" are some of the better choices. If you haven't already, try playing land mine, suits, doge beer, tri fecta, and moose. Research if you've never heard of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love playing kings its so much. I dont always remember all the rules but everytime i play i start remembering them again. I like playing never have i ever its funny finding out what some of your friends have done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great game, but the problem is that everybody has a different set of rules. For instance when I play, if you pick a jack, you can make a rule. That rule stands for the entire game, unless the next person who picks a jack says that they don't want to use that rule anymore. My favorite rule is to make everybody talk in question form. This gets pretty funny. Another good rule, is to call everybody by their full first name. For example, my friends and I always refer to each other by our last names so it is different to hear the first names. For example my friend Greg Hanna, always goes by Hanna, and it is really funny to hear somebody call him Gregory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from Long Island and we play with the same rules as Syracuse does but alot of people play it a different way. Sometimes instead of playing never have i ever, we play make a rule which is alot of fun because you can make the players do whatever you want them too and everyone ends up laughing hysterically

    ReplyDelete