Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sick Away From Home

I think this is one of the hardest things I've had to deal with being at school. Whenever I was sick in highschool, my mom or my grandma would come over and take care of me all day. I was such a princess. They'd give me a little bell to ring if I needed anything. I'd always have hot soup brought up to my room and my friends would bring my homework from school.

College is much different. Especially at this time of year people get sick. Even worse at this time of year all you can think about is being with your family. Ive been pretty sick this week, and laying in bed for basically two days. I called my mom and told her what my symptoms were and made her feel bad for me.

Today I woke up from my nap to the sound of my moms voice. I thought I was dreaming at first, until I rolled over and saw her. She was standing by my bed with a smile and arms full of soup, cold medicine, a thermometer, and candy canes.

Im lucky to live so close and get to have my mom come take care of me, even if its just for a few minutes. She dropped off all the goodies and sat with me for a little. She told me to take my meds, drink a lot of cold fulid, and push through because I'll be home in no time. Moms always know how to make you feel better.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I got out of economics today feeling like complete crap. I came back to my room and I wanted to yell for my mom so bad to bring my gingerale and some crackers but I keep forgetting where I am. Its hard when your so used to being spoiled when your sick you forget how to actually take care of yourself when it happens while your away. I basically just sat in my bed from 2pm-6pm til my friends dragged me out for dinner. You're lucky your mom doesn't live too far away that she can drop off some drugs and be there to help. I live 3 hours away and I know my mom loves me, but not THAT much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree being sick in college is a lot different than being sick in high school. In college you never want to get sick. I miss having my parents call the school to tell them I was sick. My sickness felt so much more official. If my parents thought I should not go to school then I can not argue they know what is best. Being at college if I am sick and I do not go class I feel bad. I ask myself did I really need to miss class. I don't know call me weird but with out my parents confirmation I feel bad about not going to class.

    ReplyDelete