So, I know some of you probably hate her, but I saw Lady Ga Ga live this past weekend. It was the opening show of her Monster Ball tour. I went to Montreal with my two good friends to visit my best friend who goes to school at McGill. It was a long drive, but we blasted GaGa the whole time and leaned all the words for her concert. The concert opened with some band called Semi Automatic Weapon, and the lead singer changed his whole outfit on stage, so basically was naked in front of the whole Bell Center. They weren't that good but have been opening for Lady GaGa for a few years.
The concert was amazing. If you've ever seen her perform on award shows you know how crazy she is. She had a ton of different outfits and crazy head dresses. I think a lot of people dont realise how talented she is. I admit her songs that are popular are really poppy and arent that well written, but she has a olt on her new album which is pretty impressive. Also at the concert she played the piano and sang some of her songs in a different slower version where you could really hear how good of a voice she had.
Kid Cudi was supposed to open for her, but he didnt show up untill the middle of the show. Lady GaGa said, "Cudi, if you ever fucking come late to another one of my shows im going to fucking kill you." Shes crazy.
She also fell a few times, which was kindof funny. But she played them off well. At a break between songs she told us she felt like a "drunk model on a slippery runway.... and it is... AWESOME."
It was one of the craziest experiences of my life, and if you are a fan of her at all I'd suggest you go see her, she puts on a great show. If you aren't a fan, I understand why, and I'm not defending her musical talent and writing skills, I just had a lot of fun listening to her and watching her crazy antics.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm jealous, I'm not a fan of Lady GaGa really, but I'm planning on seeing her show sometime in January? or February? I don't remember the month really but Kid Cudi is also performing again with her and thats the main reason I want to go. I'm actually really stoked and I'm going to have to do what you did and blast Lady GaGa the whole ride there so I can learn her lyrics since the only song I know is Pokerface and thats only cause I love the remix with Cudi and Kanye. I got to catch up on my GaGa before I pay money to see a concert I can't even sing along to.
ReplyDelete